If you are having problems installing or activating Expression Web, make sure and check the “Forum FAQ and Guidelines – Start Here” sticky on the Microsoft Forum for some of the Known Issues and Resolutions. You will need to scroll down to the bold-face headings for:
- Common Questions and Problems
- Installation FAQs
- More Microsoft Resources for Installation Problems
Some of the problems and solutions covered include:
- Make sure your computer meets the Minimum System Requirements as listed on the download page before installing Expression Web 4. If you are having problems installing EW, it is more than likely something with YOUR computer rather than the program itself.
- Make sure you have FIRST installed .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 and its SP1 and 4.0 for EW4.
- If you are installing Expression Web on a Windows XP computer and it is incredibly slow or seems to have stopped, minimize the setup/installation screen. There is a screen-draw problem with one graphic on the installation screen that effects certain XP computers with video hardware acceleration set to None or very Low.
- If your installation crashes or is otherwise faulty, the MS Installer Cleanup Utility may help.
- If you get an error message warning of a missing file, that includes: HRESULT: 0x80070002, disable your antivirus/antispyware software. Of course, make sure to enable it after the installation is complete.
- If you’re running Win XP and get a System.OutOfMemoryException, it is most likely caused by your video card drivers.
- Be sure and update your mouse driver and video card driver. Use the latest drivers from the manufacturer rather than the standard Windows drivers. You may also have to lower the color depth to 16-bit and lower the video hardware acceleration setting. It is possible that your dotNET installation has become corrupted and Expression Web uses it heavily
This page only touches on a few of the problems you may have when installing Expression Web. Make sure you “Forum FAQ and Guidelines – Start Here” sticky on the Microsoft Forum for some of the Known Issues and Resolutions.