Do you want to display your own or someone else’s Twitter Feed on your site? The latest add-in from Ian Haynes, a MS MVP for Expression Web, will let you do just that. Download and install the add-in either from the Expression Gallery. Need help in Installing Expression Add-ins.
Once you have installed the add-in, a new menu item will appear on the Insert menu.
To insert a Twitter Feed into your page:
- Open your page and place your cursor where you want the Twitter Feed to appear.
- From the Insert menu, select Twitter Feed.
- Type the Feed name.
- Type the Feed width on page. This can be in pixels, ems’s or percentages.
- Select if you want Tweet time to show. Tweet name? Tweet icon? The default for each of these is Yes.
- Select the number of Tweets you want to show. The default is 12.
- Select the Preview button and you will see the Preview of your Tweets.
- Click Add to Page and the necessary code in added to your page. Save the Page and the embedded files.
- You can then Preview your page in your favorite browser and see your Twitter Feed where you requested it be placed. No complicated code to write and your page should validate if the rest of the code is valid.
- Publish your page and your Tweets will now be part of that page.
Thank you Ian. Great new tool and easy to use. Download Insert A Twitter Feed Add-in.
Visit Ian’s site Expression Web Resource.