Expression Web 3 Service Pack 1 Now Available for download! Details are available on the Expression Web Forum. This will also be rolled out automatically via Microsoft Update next week.
The link for the Direct Download Link (English)
Microsoft Expression Web 3 Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains significant fixes and improvements in publishing, SuperPreview, file management, extensibility, and other areas of the program. You can get a more complete description of SP1, including a list of issues that were fixed, in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 976594: Description of the Microsoft Expression Web 3 Service Pack 1.Those items are shown below.
Issues resolved in this service pack
- Fixes a problem in which multiple tasks are undone when you use the Undo feature.
- Resolves a problem in which an invalid link is generated when you drag an image from the Folder List panel into the Code view of a page.
- Enables you to select text in the Design view of a page more easily and more accurately.
- Resolves a crashing issue caused by nonstandard or corrupted fonts that are installed on your computer.
- Fixes a problem in which tags that begin with <?php are renamed after you rename a file.
- Resolves a problem in which Japanese characters are altered.
- Resolves a problem in which the source file is deleted after you copy a file from one instance of Expression Web 3 and then paste the file into another instance of Expression Web 3.
- Restores the ability to drag files into a selected folder in the Folder List panel.
- Enables connections to each destination without restarting the application when multiple publishing destinations are specified on the same FTP server and when only the user credentials are different for those destinations.
- Fixes several problems in the workflow between Expression Web and Team Foundation Server.
- Shows the correct file status in Publishing view after you publish a site.
- Updates the file status and publishing log when you use the Publish Selected Files command to publish one or more files. Additionally, Expression Web 3 SP1 displays the publishing progress in the Publishing Status panel.
- Provides several fixes that make sure that pages accurately display in SuperPreview.
Improvements provided by this service pack
Supports add-ins that use the Expression Web object model.
Supports root-relative hyperlinks.
PHP files that do not use the *.php file name extension
Adds support for Drupal and CakePHP template files. Expression Web 3 SP1 now recognizes .module, .install, .inc, and .ctp as valid PHP extensions.
Application color scheme
Provides an improved black and gray color scheme that better reflects the appearance of the Microsoft Expression Studio 3 family of products. Expression Web 3 SP1 also provides a new Application Options setting that lets you select the Windows color scheme instead of the default color scheme.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 META tag and Web Slice support
Contains new code examples to support features that are specific to Internet Explorer 8. The new code examples include META tags specific to Internet Explorer 8, plus a new Web Slice code example. You can access the code examples by pressing Ctrl+Enter in Code view.
The link for the Direct Download Link (English) Other languages are available.